Become a IT Support Specialist in 12 weeks
Employment of computer support specialists is projected to grow 11 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. More support services will be needed as organizations upgrade their computer equipment and software. Computer Support Specialists made a median salary of $62,340 in 2017. The best-paid 25 percent made $82,000 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $47,530. Katalyst Cohorts training is designed to help students to develop the skills and network needed to capitalize on this high-demand career track.
What does a career in IT support entail?
Computer support specialists help with log-in difficulties, operating system and software malfunctions and some even need to pull out a screwdriver to open up a laptop or PC. Considering the number of phone calls, face-to-face meetings, emails and, in some cases, chats they engage in on a daily basis, people in this line of work must exhibit excellent communication skills. They need to ask users the right questions to pinpoint the issue, find a solution and then guide them step by step through the fix.
These tech savants work in a variety of settings – from traditional offices to universities to call centers – but the primary goal of the men and women who field often frantic pleas for help from users with computer issues is always the same: to provide the assistance they need in a friendly and effective manner.
What IT Support Specialist typically do the following:
- Keep an organization’s hardware and software up to date
- Work directly with users to fix computer related issues
- Order hardware and software
- Manage an organiztion’s technology inventory
- Troubleshoot network iand connectivity
- Manag internal IT projects
- Manage IT vendor relations
What are some benefits to a career in IT Support
- The IT department works across all departments, managers and users
- Your skills will be extremely transferable
- Every industry has an IT department (Education, Healthcare, Funance, Manufacturing, etc.)
- The IT career ladder is very high and you can move up quickly
- Start your own tech company. Low capital and risk to get started as a tech consultant, where you can grow into a part-time or a full fledge small business.
- Tech is always evolving, so future proof yourself and always be in demand. It’s fair to say there is ‘no ceiling’ when it comes to what you can learn and what you can do in the tech industry.
IT Support Inside and Out
Students will learn the skills needed to become certified technology managers – CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, Project Managent, Six Sigma Green Belt and much more.
Katalyst focuses on building the whole student and not just tech skills. Development of the entire person is key to taking a student from no tech skills to employable market ready skills. We achieve this through our proven approach:
Hands on Holistic Training
- Emersion in the field- Field trips, activities and tech engagements
- Real world projects- Work hand in hand with professional web developers on actual client projects
- Portfolio development- Build a solid portfolio of projects that you can showcase
- Rigorous Mathematical Thinking (RMT Boost Camp by Dr. Kinard)- One of a kind pre-training that opens your mind to a new way of thinking
- Peer mentoring- Alumni and professionals assist in your growth through meaningful project tasks and social engaemnet
- Job readiness training- You will learn the hard tech skills and the soft skills to successfully transition into a career in Web Development
- Family- You become a part of the Katalyst family, and we fight for our families success
YOU DO WE DO…
Our promise is that students that focus and invest the time and effort demanded by our programming will succeed.
Keep your eye on the prize. This is no easy journey and life will place every barrier, distraction and EXCUSE to quit.
The only obstacle to your success is you, only you can make this happen.
You will need to immerse yourself into the tech world. The demand on your time will be great and you must SACRIFICE to deveote the time needed to make this transition. If you find yourself with time to watch the latest movies and TV shows, time to hang out and party, then you are not invested.
The tech industry is designed to keep certain people locked out of it’s amazing opportunities. It is our belief that anyone willing to do the work can have an amazing career in IT.
If you believe as we do, and are willing to trust the Katalyst process, then this is the place for you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The 1st step is to call 1-833-4Cohort or click apply below.