Become a Web Devloper in 16 weeks
Web Development is one of the fastest-growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 27% growth rate by 2024.* Web developers earn a median salary of $64,970 and up to $116,620 per year.† Katalyst Cohorts Coding Boot Camp is designed to help students to develop the skills and network needed to capitalize on this high-demand career track.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics. †https://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/web-developer/salary
What does a career in web development entail?
Web developers design and create websites. They are responsible for the look of the site. They are also responsible for the site’s technical aspects, such as its performance and capacity, which are measures of a website’s speed and how much traffic the site can handle. In addition, web developers may create content for the site.
Web developers typically do the following:
- Meet with clients or management to discuss the needs and design of a website
- Create and test applications for a website
- Write code for the website, using programming languages such as HTML5 or XML
- Work with other team members to determine what information the site will contain
- Work with graphics and other designers to determine the website’s layout
- Integrate graphics, audio, and video into the website
- Monitor website traffic
What are some benefits of a career in web development?
- Conceptualize and design a site from start to finish by creating something tangible and impactful.
- Start your own tech company, by building a good portfolio and a great reputation. Low capital and risk to get started as a freelance web designer, where you can grow into a part-time or a full fledge small business.
- Many tech sector companies forgoe the typical 9-to-5 schedules and allow employees flexible schedules.
- As long as you have wifi, you can basically work from anywhere. Plus many tech companies forgoe the typical 9-to-5 schedules and allow employees flexible schedules.
- Tech is always evolving, so future proof yourself and always be in demand. It’s fair to say there is ‘no ceiling’ when it comes to what you can learn and what you can do in the tech industry.
Web Development Inside and Out
Katalyst focuses on building the whole student and not just tech skills. Development of the entire person is key to taking a student from no tech skills to employable market ready skills. We achieve this through our proven approach:
Hands on Holistic Training
- Emersion in the field- Field trips, activities and tech engagements
- Real world projects- Work hand in hand with professional web developers on actual client projects
- Portfolio development- Build a solid portfolio of projects that you can showcase
- Rigorous Mathematical Thinking (RMT Boost Camp by Dr. Kinard)- One of a kind pre-training that opens your mind to a new way of thinking\
- Peer mentoring- Alumni and professionals assist in your growth through meaningful project tasks and social engaemnet
- Job readiness training- You will learn the hard tech skills and the soft skills to successfully transition into a career in Web Development
- Family- You become a part of the Katalyst family, and we fight for our families success
YOU DO WE DO…
Our promise is that students that focus and invest the time and effort demanded by our programming will succeed.
Keep your eye on the prize. This is no easy journey and life will place every barrier, distraction and EXCUSE to quit.
The only obstacle to your success is you, only you can make this happen.
You will need to immerse yourself into the tech world. The demand on your time will be great and you must SACRIFICE to deveote the time needed to make this transition. If you find yourself with time to watch the latest movies and TV shows, time to hang out and party, then you are not invested.
The tech industry is designed to keep certain people locked out of it’s amazing opportunities. It is our belief that anyone willing to do the work can have an amazing career in IT.
If you believe as we do, and are willing to trust the Katalyst process, then this is the place for you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The 1st step is to call 1-833-4Cohort or click apply below.